Tuesday, May 13, 2008

For Those of You Who Are Wondering

"Deörk" rhymes with "jerk." Why, you ask, do I use such a perplexing pen name? Because people have a tendency to misspell the real version, which is vastly similar and vastly more simple, and making it even harder reflects my slightly vindictive nature. Yes, I will most likely be publishing under the name Deörk, so keep an eye out in, oh, a year or so. (This is a novel. I'm just starting Chapter Two. Patience, people.)

Unfortunately, I have no snippets today, as I got caught up arguing Quantum Theory and perception with my father over e-mail. Yes, I do argue with my own family members over e-mail. I have no oral communication skills whatsoever, which is why I have to write. Basically it went somewhere along the lines of how someone more evolved than you can resemble a god-like being. I pointed out that "god-like" does not mean "god." Grapes can be "wine-like," but that doesn't mean they're wine. How did we get on the subject of Quantum Theory and perception?

Einstein, of course! Apparently a letter has been found that is being auctioned off, wherein he calls the Bible "primitive" and "pretty childish."

End dignity here.

Take that fundies! That's what we call evidence! I bet you can't come up with that for your sky pixie! Ha!

Restart dignity here.

Anyway, Heisenberg and Schroedinger discovered Quantum Theory, which should have developed earlier, but early physicists couldn't fathom the thought of there being a element of chance in their precious field of high mathematics. This element of chance is why religious dimwits jump on the field and rip its perfectly nice set of rules to shreds so it will fit their agenda.

In any case, as Dawkins pointed out in The God Delusion, the religious would jump all over the findings of something that allowed "God" to exist, whereas they would reject something that disproves his/her existence on the basis of faith. A right bunch of hypocrites, don't you know.

Abandoning scientific matters for the day, my Algebra exam is tomorrow, starting at I believe 8:30 AM. How I'm supposed to complete anything of such a subject that early is beyond me - my brain resists working before 9:30 on most days. For this reason, I'm fairly terrified of going to high school this fall after being home schooled for a year in which I was allowed to sleep in longer than five minutes. Plus, you know, whoop-de-doo for being a Freshman. I absolutely can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about the fact that I snark left and right when given the chance to speak. Hopefully I can hold my tongue before calling the entire school an incompetent bunch of unwashed Vogon cabin boys.

-Com, 14-year-old who makes references to Douglas Adams in most of her insults.

No comments: