Saturday, May 17, 2008

Vacation and A Little Fun

Elles is Splendid, this I know
Because her blog told me so
She rants and raves
Darwin roles in his grave
She bites with words like Van Gogh.

Elles is Splendid, this I know
For Dawkins himself did tell us so
She's got a vendetta
Against societa
And flattens ignunts like soft dough.

Elles is Splendid, this I know
She disregards the status quo
She's got a way
To make you stay
So don't waste your time, just go!

What? You thought I only wrote depressing end-of-the-world poetry?

Anyway, I'm going to be gone on vacation until [I think] next Saturday. Going up to Santa Fe, so hopefully I'll come back with pictures and good tidings. Though I live in Texas, I'm more of a New Mexican - almost everything we do is in New Mexico. West Texas is insanely far from anything to do in Texas, so one must improvise. We go to the New Mexico state fair, hear a lot from the University of New Mexico, and all the damn bands only come to Albuquerque, despite Albuquerque being smaller than El Paso.

Hell, West Texans don't even have much of an accent, a fact which I'm very thankful for - I can actually go to different parts of the US and not sound like a brainless hick. Though I can pull of foreign accents pretty well - that might just be my (VERY) mixed heritage.

No snippets today. Elles gets the spotlight.

-Com

No comments: